CareFree Living Communities
Carefree living – “Are you Ready???”
For years now I have been marketing Condo and Senior Living Communities and this question always seems to arise. I think the best way to answer this question is to ask yourself..
- Do I want to relax after a round of golf instead of doing yard work?
- Am I searching to enhance my home with the “new look” of granite, vaulted ceilings, tile floors and walk-in closets…but with smaller floor plan?
- Do I want to travel and not worry about a sprinkler breaking or home maintenance?
- Do I want my living space on one level?
- Do I want a 55+ community with a clubhouse, activities and amenities, companionship?
- Do I want to enjoy looking out at a freshly fallen snow, knowing that someone else will be shoveling?
- Do I work long hours and want to enjoy attractive surroundings that are professionally maintained?
- Do I wish for an “active lifestyle”? Most carefree or condo communities are located on a golf course …by a river…bike trail…restaurants…stores….
- Do I wish to have a “lock and go” home so that I can travel without worries?
If your answer is “Yes” to the above questions, you may “be ready” for a carefree lifestyle. There are a number of carefree lifestyle communities to choose from in the Tri-Cities. These communities come in different shapes and sizes. Some are apartment style, some are single homes that are condominiums, some are patio or townhomes with minimal yard maintenance. Check out a few of the options available in the Community Selection Section.
Here are a few “carefree” living communities in our area:
The Village at Canyon Lakes: An age-in-place retirement community that offers single and attached homes that are maintained by the Homeowner’s Association. There is community club with indoor pool, spa, restaurant, planned activities, beauty/barber shop, exercise room, wellness center . The community club is located in the Manor Building that also offers retirement and assisted living apartments and cottages for rent. There is also a nursing home just steps away. The campus is beautiful with ponds, walking trails and RV parking available. The homes were constructed approximately 17 years ago, have floor plans ranging from 1200 square feet to 1892 square feet and features front and rear patios or porches, 3′wide doorways throughout and garages. There are usually one or two resale homes available.
Pinewood: A 55+ community nestled in beautiful mature pine trees. This was once a Christmas Tree farm and many of the trees were saved and the homes built among them. The homes are detached single level craftsman styled condominiums with the square feet ranging from 1200 to 1914. The community is just minutes to the mall and is probably the best kept secret in the Tri-Cities. If you are searching for a quiet setting to enjoy watching quail, pheasants, and coy ponds…this is it! There is still 6 lots left to build on and a few resale homes currently available. The HOA takes care of yard, exterior and yard maintenance, fire/hazard insurance, roads and park maintenance.